Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2011 15:00

Worst "service" in the history of any service

I will never purchase from Dell again.  Most of my calls end up getting dropped by Dell or I end up speaking with someone who I can not understand and they can not understand me.  Curiously, all of the sales associates speak english and appear to be in the United States.  However, as soon as there is an issue whether technical support or customer service I end up with someone in India who is merely reading some script.  It is disgusting.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 3rd, 2011 15:00

If that's your criterion for buying, then you've two choices:

Buy a Mac next time, or

Buy an upgrade to US-based support, which many (Dell included) offer on at least their business models.

All the other major vendors have offshore support included -- unless you buy an upgraded support plan.

147 Posts

March 4th, 2011 08:00

enj63,

Sir, I respect your advice and really believe that you do an outstanding job of trying to help folks with their problems with Dell PCs and I want to thank you for thet.  You have helped me in the past several times.  Dell has/had the reputation of being the very best with regards to PCs and I have been using them for over 25 years.  Dell has a problem with the customer service support and the people that buy a Dell product did so because they expect the quality and excellent service that a flagship company is noted for.  We don't care if all of the other vendors have offshore support.  When we have a problem we expect & demand quality CS support from Dell.  

Again thanks for all of your time and consideration.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 4th, 2011 08:00

All the major vendors are the same -- some, HP specifically are worse.  The low prices on new computers come with very little in the way of support and service.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 4th, 2011 10:00

When we have a problem we expect & demand quality CS support from Dell.  

Then, put your money where your mouth is and PAY for the "quality" support. It is very simple really. You are offered a choice. You want to speak to someone with better English skills, then pay for it.

147 Posts

March 5th, 2011 05:00

Dell customers pay for the "quality" support when they buy a Dell product, period!  The problem is NOT just the offshore support it is CS in general from Dell and all you have to do is search this board for confirmation.

No Events found!