Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2017 04:00

XP S13 sleep /wake up issues

Hi,

I bought this XPS 13 a month ago and the experience was bad.  After updating firmware and drivers almost everything is better but some issues with the sleep/wakeup and wifi signal are still presents.

My model is XPS 13 2-1  9365,   i7-7Y75 , 16GB LPDDR3 - 1866MHz,   InfinityEdge de 13.3" QHD+, WIndows 10 PRO 64-bits

sleep/wakeup: laptop is not going to sleep when It is connected to AC when I close or push the windows command. I see a blink, but the laptop awake in the login screen.  Sometime sleep fine but i need the push the power button for  long time for a hardreset.

Wifi:  Some times signal is poor, and ping to the router has high latency and package lost. It usually happens after waking up.   I fix it by turning off and on wifi.     

From other laptop and phone in the same location, the signal is optimal and latency is < 5.

I tried http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19963459 unsuccessfully

Any ideas that can help me?

Regards.

9.4K Posts

November 10th, 2017 06:00

Hi cstange17,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system is not working as expected.

Here is some information from another user on the Forum who resolved the issue: http://dell.to/2hk5GE4

3 Posts

November 11th, 2017 23:00

See also my post "XPS13 Ambient temperature start problem". I found my XPS13 9360 does not reliably start from sleep. A 10 second hold on the button is needed to hard reset the machine. The problem seems related to a temperature change - if the laptop is put to sleep, then taken to a warmer (<30degC) or colder environment it wont start, on battery or mains. Seems maybe a thermal cutout algorithm is being over aggressive.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 1st, 2017 11:00

The 9365 is a Modern Standby capable system.  The latest Fall Creator's Build upgrade is currently causing problems for the system but you might check the video to see how Modern Standby is supposed to work.  You might understand better what you are seeing in the operation.

The link is a Microsoft video and is about the Surface system but the 9365 also has the capability.

channel9.msdn.com/.../Understanding-Surface-Power-Management-with-Modern-Standby-in-Windows-10

2 Posts

December 11th, 2017 16:00

Ok, I fixed the WIFI problems using the last drivers from Intel web page. Iam using 20.10.2.2 version.

I upgraded thunderbolt controllers too,  It fixed some problem with the TB16 Dock and the mouse and keboard,  and now is not necesary the hardreset after wakeup.

I expected a more stable hardware/software from DELL for this expensive models.

No Events found!