Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 29th, 2013 22:00

XPS 12 Touch Wireless and bluetooth Problems - Windows 8.1

From the time I bought my XPS two weeks ago, I've not been able to have wireless connectivity and bluetooth at the same time. (If bluetooth was turned on, wireless ceased to work). I have upgraded the Wireless and Bluetooth drivers since upgrading to Windows 8.1 and now the Bluetooth option is grayed out. Wirelss works fine, but in the "Airplane Mode" tab of settings, I can no longer activate bluetooth. (Wireless work  either by clicking the wiress button in the settings tab or by toggling with the function+F2 keys. Anybody else had this problem? (Wireless is working fine now).

4 Posts

January 5th, 2014 19:00

Dell Phone support determined that the wireless card was defective and will send a tech to replace it.

Thanks for your help.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 30th, 2013 02:00

Hi matthewssl,

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Wireless card driver on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS and then download the wireless card driver from Network section onto the Desktop screen.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the wireless card.

1. Click on Start button.
  2. In the search box type, devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
  3. Select the wireless card and Bluetooth device under Network Adapter and right click on it
  4. Now select properties.
  5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
  6. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
  7. You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system and install the drivers by using the file downloaded on the desktop screen.

Please let me know if this helps.

4 Posts

December 30th, 2013 20:00

I tried three different times as many ways as I could uninstalling the card and reinstalling the latest drivers for 8.1 but the WiFi continues to disconnect whenever Bluetooth is enabled.

The WiFi speed is excellent and, other than disconnecting the WiFi, the Bluetooth functions well; but I would like to be able to use my Bluetooth devices while connected to wifi. Very Frustrating!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 2nd, 2014 09:00

Hi matthewssl,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS, Chipset and wireless card driver in sequence. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section, Chipset from chipset section and Wireless card driver from network section onto the system and install it.

4 Posts

January 2nd, 2014 22:00

Went through it step by step: BIOS, Chipset then wireless, But still, as soon as I turn on Bluetooth, the WiFi connection is dropped and will not reconnect. The behavior has been consistent. (and frustrating and time-consuming). Am I the only one having this problem?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 5th, 2014 14:00

Hi matthewssl,

I would suggest you to restore the system to Windows 8 operating system by using the RESET option which will restore the system to factory state. Switch ON the system and switch OFF the system 3 to 4 times when the Dell logo appears. This will make the system to go into ‘Windows 8 Advanced Startup Options’ screen. Please select Troubleshoot option and choose the REFRESH option so that it refreshes the windows operating system or RESEToption will completely resinstall the operating system on the computer but you will loss all data and you will need to reinstall the drivers.

Note: You may loss all of the data for performing above steps backup all data from the system before proceeding with steps.

1 Message

August 18th, 2014 10:00

Did it work? I got mine replaced last week and still have the problem!

1 Message

March 17th, 2015 20:00

I have the same problem. When I connected to WiFi router and Bluetooth speaker at the same time, the wifi upload speed fall dawn...

No Events found!