Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2014 15:00

XPS 12 touchscreen broken functionality after recent 1.3 firmware update on Windows 8.1 update

Hi,

The title says enough! the touch suddenly stops working (too frequently) and often it runs the touch commands couple of minutes after you've tapped on the screen causing unexpected clicks on random places! Should I downgrade the firmware?

I upgraded the firmware and Win 8.1 update (had 8.1 and then updated to "8.1 update") at the same time, so Im not sure which one broke it! but it's pretty annoying! basically no touch for me!

Funny enough the  firmware release update said:

Version 1.3, A01
Fixes
- Fixed the problem where touch can lose functionality.

!!!!!

1 Message

April 16th, 2014 17:00

My touchscreen also has issues with the latest updates and I have no idea which updates caused the problem.  Sometimes my touchscreen will work when I power it on.  But the next day, my touchscreen will no longer work and is not even detected as a component in my XPS 12 (9Q23 model).  

This behavior seems completely random.  I am on the latest Atmel drivers and the A08 bios just published.  Not sure what I can do at this point other than try to get technical support directly.  I don't see a diagnostic utility in the BIOS which actively tests the touchscreen to make sure it is okay.

2 Posts

June 13th, 2014 00:00

Same issue on all 4 xps 12 units I've received (see 'ghosting' post here).  Sad

2 Posts

June 28th, 2014 19:00

My XPS 12 9Q23 touch screen stopped working a while ago and doesn't even seem to be recognised: "No Pen or Touch input is available for this display".  Reading the forum comments it seems like a hardware problem.  Just out of warranty, but this seems a wide-spread issue that should get better attention from Dell.  Dell should not hide behind warranties for a critical issue like this - it will only impact their reputation and future sales.  Has anyone from Dell responded to any request as yet? 

1 Message

September 19th, 2014 06:00

I am having the same exact problem

I upgraded the firmware and Win 8.1 update (had 8.1 and then updated to "8.1 update") at the same time, so Im not sure which one broke it! but it's pretty annoying! basically no touch for me!

how can I undo this did you get any fix please let me know shall i format completely how do I downgrade how do i remove this firmware

by doing this dell will lose a lot of customers

2 Posts

September 19th, 2014 18:00

Coincidentally in the last 2 weeks or so my touch screen started working again after 6 months of not working.  I have no idea why it came back to life - I have not initiated any software updates - it could have been an automatic update or maybe just whatever intermittent hardware problem it may have had is now behaving correctly. 

So sorry I can't give you any tips apart from çross your fingers'! 

No Events found!