Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2015 09:00

XPS 13 (2015) - Bluetooth sound quality is awful

I've had the XPS 13 for about a week and finally got around to trying it with a new Soundbot bluetooth headset.  I've used the headset on my iphone to great success, and the sound quality is great (for a 15 dollar pair of headphones!).

When I pair it with the XPS 13, the sound quality is awful.  Muffled and just plain bad. 

When I connect the XPS 13 to the speakers I've used on my desktop computer for years (via the headphone jack), the sound is fine.

Is there any way to  improve the sound quality through bluetooth, or am I just stuck?  I didn't notice this issue come up when reading reviews.

Thanks.

1 Message

April 23rd, 2015 01:00

I can also verify that the sound is terrible and I have a sennheiser momentum wireless!

Dell if you would like to play with the big boys when it comes to design. You actually need to start doing computers that WORKS! Yes I have the latest drivers etc!

April 23rd, 2015 09:00

Interestingly, the sound quality seems to have improved.  Some of the time.  I have no idea why.  I also have issues with a flaky connection.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I have to reboot the computer to get the headphones to connect.  I don't know if it's an issue with the headphones or the computer. 

1 Message

June 9th, 2015 09:00

Usually this is caused by the bluetooth module pairing and using HSP and not A2DP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_profiles.  On the developer edition I have to switch to that audio profile manually and it dramatically improves the sound quality.  

June 9th, 2015 10:00

Hi, thanks for the response.  Here's a followup question and a (perhaps) related question.

1.  I do not see where I can change the bluetooth profile.  Any suggestions on where to find that?  I open the bluetooth settings and don't see that option.

2.  The other bluetooth problem that  pops up is that the bluetooth device (a Soundbot SB220 set of headphones) initially pairs and works, but then after I've turned it off and try again later, it no longer pairs, and the only way to get it to pair is to reboot.  Any thoughts on whether this is a Dell laptop issue or a headphone  issue?

Thanks!

Jeff

1 Message

September 16th, 2015 06:00

Awful doesn't begin to describe it. It is impossible to listen to anything over BT on this laptop.

I paid a lot of money for this POS and it seems like Dell couldn't care less.

Please release a new driver that works, or suggest a workaround.

I am using Windows 10, so even changing the BT connection profile is impossible.

please help... I am desperate!!!

February 16th, 2016 17:00

I just dropped a lot of money buying the Bose AE2 Wireless headphones to use with my XPS 13 thinking I could listen to music and watch movies without disturbing my family.  

After a nightmarish time of uninstalling and reinstalling drivers.. I finally got them to pair (They paired fine with my Galaxy) and now I'm listening to muffled garbage.. I can't believe how poor the audio quality is.  I switch over to my phone and it's crystal clear.

Hugely disappointed.  Bluetooth on this computer has been essentially useless, and I'm really disappointed, especially after being totally frustrated with a rattling, loose touchpad. 

I'd like to hear if anyone has any suggestions.  DELL?

4 Posts

March 27th, 2016 23:00

I have the same issue with a pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones, and a different sony bluetooth in-ear headphone. Both have muffled and terrible sound. Does anyone have a fix? 

3 Posts

April 11th, 2017 18:00

Glad it helped :)

No Events found!