Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 21st, 2015 20:00

XPS 13 (2015) i7 CPU Speed

I currently have a i7 XPS 13 (2015) and I am noticing an odd issue where if I put the computer into sleep mode, then unplug it and then resume sleep, my processor is limited to .5 GHz.  

When I plug it back in, it resumes being able to go up to 2.9 GHz. 

I have the power profile set to high performance and if I just unplug the laptop while on it will not limit itself to .5 GHz.  This only happens after resume from sleep or if I power it on without it plugged in.

I imagine there is either some setting for the power profile I am not seeing, or the computer needs a BIOS fix.  Anyone experiencing this, or have any ideas?

511 Posts

February 21st, 2015 21:00

Search Power Options and look at your Dell (or active) plan. Scroll down until you see "Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings". Click the +. You should now see four options. Click the + next to the "Config TDP Level" change the value from 15W 0.6GHz to 15W 2.2GHz(or whatever your CPU speed/ option is). See if that works.

February 22nd, 2015 08:00

Thanks!  This seemed to do the trick, but just in case someone else runs into this problem, it did require a reboot for it to fully work for me.

No Events found!