Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 17th, 2015 04:00

XPS 13 9343 (2015) has blotchy QHD+ screen

Hi

I've just bought top of the range XPS13. Really please with it. Great package. Great screen with bright colours and pin sharp detail.

But ... the screen has a problem. When I've got a blank white screen (e.g. with a Word document) there are greyish blotches near the centre of the screen. They are quite subtle, but obvious enough. They are most apparent when the screen brightness is set low, but are still visible when the brightness is at it's highest, which for me is too bright for general use.

The screen has a small amount of bleed around the edges, but nothing that I would think is out of the norm.

Any thoughts anyone? Thanks.

10 Posts

April 17th, 2015 08:00

Get it replaced.

I think Dell know they are having some significant screen issues with the new XPS 13.

I have a lot of light bleed down the left an right sides of the screen. I called Dell support and they have ordered a replacement straight away, no questions asked. It will take 10 days to arrive though.

April 17th, 2015 08:00

That's interesting. I also have light bleed down the sides, but I'm unsure if it's significant or not.

Did you have to prove it to Dell? i.e. send a photo?

How will they be sure your new screen won't have issues??

May 4th, 2015 11:00

How bad was the bleed compared to the below...

May 6th, 2015 04:00

Mine is XPS 13 QHD.

I think I will keep it. Everything else is perfect build quality wise.

I also use a QHD 32" Ultrasharp monitor, so this shows up the XPS panel. I think the XPS panel next to most other laptops it still looks better.

May 6th, 2015 04:00

See below. Possibly not as bad, but mine is more blotchy. Did you get yours replace by Dell? Is yours on a XPS13?

May 6th, 2015 07:00

I'm gonna get mine changed I think. The blotchiness really bugs me.

5 Posts

July 18th, 2015 02:00

Hi TheKraken2015

I have a bad case of the blotchy display. Did you get your replaced? Are u happy with the new unit?

can u please guide me a little on how to contact dell and get mine replaced or fixed?

Help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

5 Posts

July 18th, 2015 02:00

Hi Randomnut,

I purchased a dell XPS 13 a month ago and i am in Pakistan. problem is i didnt buy it straight from dell or miscrosoft.

I am having a bad issue with the QHD Screen. i have a dark circular blotch near the middle of the display.. You said u got urs replaced when u contacted dell. I need to get in touch with them. Can you please tell me how did u get in touch with them?

I will be willing to ship this to them and them to send me another unit or find their authorized service centre here and get the display assembly replaced atleast. Spent a lot of my savings on this and i think we all deserve a good screen for this price and class of product. 

Please get back to me soon if u can. Help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 18th, 2015 04:00

You will need to contact your place of purchase - Dell doesn't have a support presence in your country.  It is up to the vendor to supply support/warranty/repair.

5 Posts

July 18th, 2015 15:00

Thanks for the reply mate :)

Where exactly do we send in the photo? I have an uncle in the US he says j can send my laptop to him and he can help me get it replaced by dell or fixed. Whichever works. I have the same fear. That the next device might have the same issue just slightly different.

Has dell been planning to fix it?

July 18th, 2015 15:00

Hi Zainadeel

I've not yet got mine replaced, but I do intend to. I know I have another 9 months or so on my warranty so there's no rush. In fact, I'm thinking that the longer I leave it the more chance the replacement screen will be blotch/bleed free, having given Dell more time to sort out the problem.

I've been told that the way to contact Dell is to send them a picture of your screen and they will say yes or no whether they will replace it. From what Randomnut said, it seems as though they replace the screen no questions asked.

Randomnut, how's the new screen?

No Events found!