Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

April 7th, 2016 11:00

XPS 13 9350 FHD Content Adaptive Brightness/Contrast Turn Off

Dear all,

As stated in subject, the laptop in question is a recent Skylake XPS 13 9350 FHD. This is a wonderful laptop with one major defect ("feature"): content adaptive brightness/contrast.

My main use-case is development under Linux, and it becomes very irritating when switching between dark terminals and bright websites, e.g. when reading documentation.

There are several other websites, forum threads etc., that already exist on this issue, with unsatisfactory answers.

Therefore I would like to ask here how to turn this "feature" off; an answer of "this is not possible" will not be accepted, as I am aware that this is possible in the worst case by updating the firmware (with success stories on the QHD models).

Many thanks!

31 Posts

April 7th, 2016 15:00

an answer of "this is not possible" will not be accepted, as I am aware that this is possible in the worst case by updating the firmware (with success stories on the QHD models)

Sorry, that is the answer you will get. Only the QHD models are fixable with a firmware update (provided from dell's download center). They have confirmed that the adaptive brightness on the FHD screens lacks this solution and from what i recall they are not actively working on trying to find a fix for the FHD as the adaptive brightness is "working as intended" at least.

No Events found!