Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2017 06:00

XPS 13 9350 doesn't charge past 75%

It has been a few days since this happened and because of this issue, my laptop lasts barely 3 hours when I'm out! I've updated my BIOS, run the battery diagnostics and even went into the setup menu to check for errors but the all the tests indicate that there is nothing wrong with the battery. 

When I leave my laptop plugged in, it'll say "plugged in, not charging" when it hits 75%, but when the battery goes down to 74%, it resumes charging and then stops once it reaches 75%. I'm worried about this causing damage to the battery because charging starts and stops every other minute. 

Any idea what is happening or is anyone facing the same issue? Did I toggle some sort of an "extend battery life" option, which stops the battery from being fully charged, unknowingly? My battery warranty ended 3 days ago....... :-(

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 24th, 2017 12:00

:emotion-2:

Please check status of AC adapter and Battery health in the BIOS by following steps below:

1. Power off the system. Remove all peripherals except AC adapter

2. Power on the system, quickly start tapping F2 key continuously.

In the BIOS, click battery information , the AC adapter should say it type and battery health should say Excellent. Note: Wiggle the Adapter's end while observing it in BIOS to check if the power jack is loose or faulty.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 24th, 2017 12:00

No Events found!