Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Y

August 4th, 2017 12:00

XPS 13 9350 is suddenly wake up by pressing touchpad button

Hi All

I've forced to shutdown every time instead of sleep due to laptop is suddenly wakes up inside of my backpack and is getting extremely hot. I've checked how it doing and how it turned out the root cause is pressing touch pad buttons.   

Could anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Oleg

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 6th, 2017 13:00

:emotion-2:

Placing the computer in a backpack while in sleep mode is blocking the air vents which will cause the overheating problem. Please watch Dell video below for addition information.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 6th, 2017 21:00

Thank you for your message.

There are chances that if the computer experiences a sudden knock while in sleep mode may wake it from sleep mode & since the computer is in a backpack it will heat up.

Please update the BIOS from this link http://dell.to/2wyC0c9  this should resolve the issue.

For better assistance & if the issue persists, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

13 Posts

August 7th, 2017 08:00

I've already updated all drivers and BIOS before. A most of problems with BT, dock station, network, etc were eliminated. But my issue is still present.

I'll send you PM.

Thanks in advance

August 9th, 2017 04:00

Make sure Wake With Mouse options isn't selected in BIOS. Updating BIOS resets all settings to DEFAULT.

13 Posts

August 9th, 2017 18:00

I guess you're talking about some another BIOS. I've not found such setting in my BIOS. Please explain me exact place in menu tree where it is located.

Thanks

No Events found!