Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 27th, 2017 17:00

XPS 13 9360, Waves MaxxAudio Pro loads, runs, but has no effect on audio

I've just noticed this problem, and a few days ago everything was fine.

Waves Maxx Audio Pro seems to load and run just fine. However, when making adjustments to the equalizer, maxxbass, details, etc. there is no change in the audio. It's as if I cannot make any sound adjustments, whether on headphones mode, or just using the speakers. Just to be clear, the audio WORKS just fine...but none of the adjustments affect the audio output of the computer.

I've tried Windows Restore, and I've even reinstalled the Dell Realtek audio drivers...and I still can't make adjustments to the audio.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a new compatibility issue? Any solutions?

2 Posts

July 30th, 2017 07:00

Here are some options that might work for people:

* Use the newest drivers for the 9350--they are more recent than the 9360 but they use the same audio chipset so they should work: www.dell.com/.../driversdetails

* If those do not work, this person made a custom audio driver that fixed my audio issues, but it is a little more cumbersome to install and does not include the Waves audio processing (a bonus for me since Waves was creating awful system-wide audio compression regardless of settings). You can find it here: www.reddit.com/.../

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 27th, 2017 20:00

You may need to make some major changes to hear the difference, but if you can't, try saving those settings so instead of it saying Default, it shows the name of whatever you named the saved settings.

Also, in the newer drivers you have the option to disable the popup and if you select that option the default device will not automatically be changed and you will need to manually change it.

2 Posts

July 29th, 2017 22:00

I have the exact same issue on a 9360. I have measured it and there is absolutely no difference in the audio output regardless of settings.

Additionally, the audio on headphones sounds very poor compared to my old laptop. It feels kind of hollow with a bit of an echo. I have tried the following:

* Update drivers

* Uninstall drivers and replace with generic driver

* Use global EQ (Equalizer APO)

* Change settings in Waves MaxxAudio (no impact)

It seems like some of this may have started with the Windows 10 Creator's Update, but that's just something I noticed while searching for solutions.

No Events found!