Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 3rd, 2017 19:00

XPS 13-9360, touchpad is erratic?

I bought a 13" Dell XPS & 10 days later I was calling support about the touchpad. It is erratic, jumps around in Word, zooms all the time, when the cursor is nowhere near the zoom icon. Its a nightmare because I spend all my time going to the zoom icon to adjust it back to the default. I have called support three time. The last time, the tech actually loaded 3rd party software onto my laptop. This did not inspire confidence. I have tried attaching a mouse but it still behaves erratically. So if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

November 6th, 2017 06:00

A friend of mine recently bought an XPS 13 9360 and noticed the same issue out of the box, even in the BIOS Setup interface, so it definitely wasn't software.  Dell ended up replacing the palmrest assembly (since the touchpad is integrated into it) and during the replacement, the tech noted that it was clear it hadn't been assembled correctly.  The replacement resolved the issue, and the new touchpad even had a better click feel.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 6th, 2017 06:00

What 3rd party software did they install? Are you saying that this is an "out of box" issue? Did you allow Windows 10 to check and install all updates?

3 Posts

November 6th, 2017 14:00

Yes they made sure all the latest updates were installed. After the 3rd call, they had me ship the XPS back so I cannot remember all the 3rd party software but one was called Touchpad Freeze and another was Killler Wifi something. . Apologies but I sent my XPS back for repair

3 Posts

November 6th, 2017 14:00

Thank you so much. Your answer has been  extremely helpful

No Events found!