Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

January 2nd, 2014 14:00

XPS 13 Trackpad Issue

Hi,

I've been on with Dell Premium Support now going on three to four weeks. I purchased a refurbished XPS 13 and was experiencing trackpad issues where it would either be unresponsive or jump all over the place when ever the power adaptor was connected.

We contacted Dell Support and updated drivers, firmware, allowed the tech to remotely connect to my system, reformatted and reinstalled and had a technician come out twice to replace the motherboard, the daughterboard, the trackpad and the AC adaptor.

Finally, Dell shipped another refurbished XPS 13 with Windows 8. I fired that one up and it had the same exact issue as the first one. I called in to report this and the support group wanted to run through the same steps as before, such as replacing parts, updating files, etc.

I see this post from 2012, but there is no definite resolution posted:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19441853.aspx

I've seen other forum posts citing issues with the trackpad and the XPS 13. What are my options? Can Dell replace this with another model that isn't the XPS 13? Or does anyone know a sure fire fix for this system?

Thanks,

Radames

5 Posts

January 12th, 2014 15:00

I've received nothing short of terrible support from Dell on this issue. I've called several times, I've worked with various departments, I've sent back two systems now and still the same issue.

Everytime I call, the technical support group continues to be confused on my request. I'm sorry to say that this will be my final Dell purchase after over 10 years of being a customer. I'll be canceling my DFS account and making sure that I advise people not to purchase a Dell.

It's an unfortunate end to a laptop I purchased with such high hopes as a gift for my wife. Thanks for nothing Dell.

No Events found!