Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2012 19:00

XPS 13 Ultrabook wireless randomly turning off (BSOD and other things)

Hi all,

I'm getting some strange behavior with my XPS L321X (ultrabook) wireless. It always happens the same way, I'm using it normally when suddenly the wifi connection loses internet connectivity (in any wifi network), then, if I try to use the troubleshooting, I get BSOD when it tries to switch the wifi card (Intel N 6230) off and on. Then if I reboot, my wireless will appear as off (as if the card is disabled) but with the card enabled.

I tried everything to solve this issue, updating drivers, factory format, etc... My last action was going into the card config (advanced) and switch "802.11n mode" to disable just to see what happens. Apparently this change required the card to disable/enable and I recovered connectivity. But only god knows for how long.

Anyone having issues with the wireless on the XPS L321X also? This seems to be a bad driver bug (BSOD ponts to it)....

Cheers,

Daniel

PS: Dishonorable mention to the horrible support options I had for this "top of the line" device. No chat or mail support in Canada (I am in Brazil but bought the system in Canada). My only options were to call, post in twitter (really dell?) or come to the forum. I'm hopeful that at least other users might help me solve this....

4 Posts

July 16th, 2012 09:00

So no one has a similar problem?

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2012 21:00

I am having the same problems with a new Dell Ultrabook.

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2012 21:00

Found this post, it may help.

en.community.dell.com/.../19460729.aspx

20 Posts

November 18th, 2012 13:00

No Events found!