Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2015 02:00

XPS 13 Wifi Issue (2.4 won't work, only sees 5ghz)

I've got the new XPS13 and wifi suddenly stopped working.

It was working fine for a few weeks, then I brought it home from work (was using wifi at work), then it stopped.

After a fresh boot, it'll see all wifi networks (both 2.4 and 5ghz), but it won't connect to ANY 2.4 network. Then suddenly it'll stop seeing 2.4 networks altogether.

It says "Can't Connect to This Network" when I try to connect.

I haven't been able to attempt connecting to a 5Ghz network yet.

I think this is contrary to most common issues of not being able to connect to 5ghz networks, but being ok with 2.4.

I've tried installing drivers from the manufacturer site and dell, no luck. Uninstalling the drivers from the control panel and having windows auto-install the base driver, no luck.

Though you'd probably know, I have the Boradcom 802.11ac Network Adapter in this.

Right now I'm using the laptop through a wired connection through the Dell D3100 dock, but obviously I need my wifi.

Please help!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 8th, 2015 03:00

Hi skpman,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS and then uninstall and reinstall the Wireless card Bluetooth driver on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS and then download the BIOS from BIOS section and then wireless card driver from Network section onto the Desktop screen.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the wireless card.

1. Click on Start button.
  2. In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
  3. Select the wireless card and Bluetooth device under Network Adapter and right click on it
  4. Now select properties.
  5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
  6. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
  7. You want to delete the driver click OK.
  8. After the uninstall finishes restart the system and install the drivers by using the file downloaded on the desktop screen.

No Events found!