Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 1st, 2016 02:00

XPS 13 display to external Dell External monitor connect

I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop running Windows 10. I have just purchased a Dell U2515H monitor which I am waiting for delivery for as we speak. I believe the monitor has quiet a few inputs however I am not 100% sure which lead to get to connect them both and which port I use on the Dell Laptop. Looking on the left hand side of my laptop there is a port with a lightning sign next to it, is that called Thunderbolt? and is that my monitor/display port? and what lead do I need? it looks like some sort of micro socket!

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 2nd, 2016 16:00

The Thunderbolt port is next to the Ac adapter port on the rear of the left side of the notebook. You can use a USB–C to HDMI Adapter to be able connect to the U2515H. You can find a couple examples of adapters here and here.

TB

8 Posts

June 3rd, 2016 08:00

Dell support has been terrible on this issue.

Even the recommendations below are, in my opinion, poor.  Over $100 for something to connect to your monitor?  And the second product still requires an additional cable as it is only an adapter, and just the adapter is more than some of the cables out there.

Unfortunately a lot of the cables are hit or miss and this is really frustrating.  But I managed to finally have some success with this one:

www.amazon.com/.../B01CKJPTOU

2 Posts

June 3rd, 2016 08:00

Thanks for the response. I found out pretty quickly that the Dell option was way to expensive for what it is. I also found a cable on Amazon like yours that actually does a great job. I didn't really think that I was going to have an external monitor so I wasn't really think that far ahead how ever now I know. You would have thought that the correct cable to fit these laptops would be included when buying a monitor. 

www.amazon.co.uk/.../ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

No Events found!