kdavidyates
1 Copper

RE: XPS 13 screen flickers when waking up after Windows 10 upgrade

Jump to solution

Dear Colin

Remember me? Very unhappy L321X user, returning once again to inform you that my laptop still does not work properly with Windows 10.

I had decided not to install the 9.17.10.4229 driver due to my feeling that it was exactly the same as the old one, with exactly the same driver ID, that seemed to be the cause of all the problems, but a few days ago Windows 10 decided to install if for me. Yippee.

The problem returned straight away. If I put the laptop to sleep and wake it, the mouse pointer won't move. And every now and then, the screen becomes garbled. This is quite simply the worst excuse for product service I have ever come across.

I have tried installing the 9.17.10.4229 driver from the link you provided, but not surprisingly, it makes no difference, because as I suspected, it is THE SAME DRIVER as the one I had on my laptop last November when the problem first occurred. I guess the extensive testing conducted by your Engineering department didn't stretch to closing the lid and opening it again.

Is there ANY chance of you actually doing something about this issue?

0 Kudos
egzbuen
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Bumping up this thread again.

I recently downloaded the massive update which Windows 10 recently released. It was good but only for 3 to 5 days.  Just this afternoon, the issue went back and I was plugged from the outlet.

Anyone else experienced or experiencing after the massive update released by Windows 10?

Colin, anything from Dell's side?

0 Kudos
kdavidyates
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Yes, I experienced this again after the upgrade on L321x. I assumed it was because, in my case, the upgrade applied the most recent display driver, which I had previously rolled back to solve this issue. Not sure which Dell you are on, but the old Windows 8 display driver prevents display corruption on the L321x. See my post on the previous page.

Is anyone from Dell still following this thread? This is without doubt my last PC from Dell - almost a year since the issue was first reported and they still can't cope with Windows 10.

0 Kudos
egzbuen
1 Copper

Jump to solution

kdavidyates,

Yes, I also have the L321x. Waited for so long to get a solution and Dell delivered but took awhile. But, as posted above, when the major update came for Windows 10, the same problem arose. Now, its even worse, as it happens even when the laptop is plugged.

Did I understand your correctly that you just had to reinstall the old driver and it solved the same issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
kdavidyates
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Yes, that's right. I fixed the issue soon after it first occurred, by installing an old windows 8 video driver (9.17.10.2817). The major windows 10 update installed the latest video driver over that one, the one Dell claimed to have solved the issue. All it did for me was cause the old display corruption issue again, frozen mouse pointer after waking from sleep, etc.

You should be able to find the old driver on Dell's website.

0 Kudos