Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 12th, 2012 22:00

XPS 14 touchpad reverse scroll

I have recently purchased a Dell XPS 14 ultrabook which is wonderful.  However I also have an iMac with OS/X Lion and a trackpad for the pointing device.  I would love to homogenize the main gestures between them.

I found a registry edit to enable two finger tap = right click.

But so far I have not found a way to reverse the scrolling so that it is like the iMac (and iPhone, and iPad).  Seems like an easy feature and from my searching it looks like previous synaptics control panels have had this, but not the current one.

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

Thanks

1 Message

August 28th, 2013 22:00

I was having the same problem and ended up here.  Not sure if your problem is solved but mine is. I am using XPS 15 L521X, Windows 7 64 bit

You are most probably using Dell touchpad (I was) which does not have that option.

Follow these steps:

1. Get a usb mouse (just in case)

2. Uninstall Dell Touchpad

3. Try installing synaptic driver here http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers

4. Reboot

5. Control Panel>...>Mouse Properties>Device Settings>Settings

6. Click the "gear" icon next to two-finger scrolling

7. Check "enable reverse scrolling direction"

If this helps you, please spare a minute clicking "Like" on my humble blog (optional): http://www.motivationaldiary.com

Thank you very much and have a great day!

1 Message

December 30th, 2012 23:00

You can reverse scrolling by right clicking on the desktop and going to change mouse pointers on the right. Then go to the Dell Touchpad tab and then go to Click to change DellTouchpad settings. From there, you can go to the Gestures tab and click on Reverse Scroll Direction on the right. It also has other cool gestures that you can set on there that you can play around with :emotion-4:

4 Posts

January 18th, 2013 13:00

Thanks Arthur.  I follow your instructions but I do not see the option to Reverse Scroll Direction.

Perhaps I have a different version of the driver?

Do you know a link to a newer and compatible driver?

No Events found!