Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 9th, 2015 09:00

XPS 15 (9530) 4K Pixel Row Problem

Looking for any information to explain or fix an XPS 15 (9530) 4K screen issue where the top of the screen constantly has a 1/16 inch row of pixels that is a multi-color pixelated mess.    Thanks in advance.  (Video Card is GeForce GT 750M)

2K Posts

April 15th, 2015 04:00

Hi MGHK,

I have sent you a friend request. Please accept the same and then click on my name to send a private message. Or you could use twitter - @dellcarespro - we can DM through twitter and help you fix the issue.

Keep us updated.

2K Posts

April 9th, 2015 11:00

Hi MGHK,

When did the issue start? Is this a constant issue and seen all the time or does it occur intermittently? Could you connect the system to an external monitor or television and check if the issue is seen while the display is duplicated and extended?

If the issue is intermittent, we would need more descriptive info about when it occurs.

If the issue is constant, then check on an external monitor first. Also, restart the system and keep tapping on f2 key - it will enter BIOS - check if the issue is seen on the BIOS screen. Restart the system and keep tapping on f12 key - it will enter boot menu - check if the issue is seen on the boot menu. Select diagnostics thereon and check if the issue is seen on diags as well. Let it run the complete test and reply with the requested info and the test results.

Keep us updated.

Thanks and Regards,
Rishi
Get support on Twitter - @dellcarespro

3 Posts

April 9th, 2015 18:00

Hello-

The issue started out of the box.  (Purchased mid Nov. 2014).  It was intermittent at first but now constant.  (as an aside:  It seems the error row color is dependent on what application the screen encounters first but I can't pinpoint this.  Sometimes it's green, then pink on the next reboot, then orange etc....)

The problem is visible both in the BIOS screen and the Boot Menu, only the color of the pixelated row changed.  (I hooked up to external monitor but was unable to see the top of the screen on the monitor due to the computer having a much higher resolution.)

Ran diagnostics and everything passed without issue.

Thoughts?

2K Posts

April 10th, 2015 02:00

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

If you own a television, these days all flat screen televisions have HDMI ports on them. If you could connect the system to the television via the HDMI port, then duplicate the display, it should replicate the display on the television. This helps isolate if the issue is with the graphics card or the LCD.

Alternatively, you could turn off the system. Hold down the "d" key and turn on the system. It will initiate a LCD built in self test - will change random solid colors on the screen. If you happen to see the issue while on this test - then it is an issue with the LCD itself.

Another way to run the LCD test - restart the system - keep tapping on f12 key - select diagnostics - press esc key to stop testing - on the left side menu - choose notebook panel test and click run test.

If you have managed to isolate the issue by following the above specified steps, then please send me the service tag of your system and your contact details in a private conversation. If you use twitter, then reply to this post with your twitter handle and we can DM on twitter and discuss the fix.

Keep us updated.

3 Posts

April 13th, 2015 20:00

Hello-

Thanks for the diagnostic test info.  I ran LCD built in test from start up (random color changes on the screen) and the bad row was present through the whole test.  So seems to be the LCD.

I'll send my info and service code but I can't seem to find the way to to contact you via private message. 

Thanks for the info.  Regards.

No Events found!