Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2015 12:00

XPS 15 9530 - Extra capacity HDD

Hi.

I'm a photographer, and bought an XPS 15 9630 to do my photo editing. The machine came with the 30Gb mSATA and 1Tb HDD, which wasn't nearly enough for my needs. I've successfully fitted a Samsung 1Tb mSATA, but I would like to upgrade the other drive also. At the moment I have 2 1Tb hard disks, and 2Tb total storage. (After a fair bit of fiddling in BIOS)

I have a Seagate Spinpoint M9T 2Tb disk which I would like to use,but when I fit it, it didn't show up in the BIOS or O/S. It works fine in other laptops. The disk that came with the laptop is 6mm, this one is 9mm, but seems to fit fine. The disk shows up if I remove the mSATA.

Is this a problem that can be overcome? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any pointers.

511 Posts

January 21st, 2015 14:00

I would open BIOS settings by repeatedly pressing F2, until you see BIOS setup, as soon as you power on the laptop. Once there, navigate to advanced and see if Intel Rapid Start is enabled. Try disabling rapid start and see if that solves the problem.

2 Posts

January 26th, 2015 00:00

Unfortunately rapid start is already disabled. the problem here is that the 2Tb disk is not actually showing up in BIOSat all. Even when Rapid start is enabled, the 1Tb disk shows up in the first page of the BIOS screen.

No Events found!