Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2016 12:00

XPS 15 9530 Touchpad issue

Hi,

I brought XPS 15 9530 in early 2014, Its very hard to do drag drop operations from the beginning... and left side of the TouchPad poped up around 1 mm above palm rest area?  Is any one experiencing similar problem?

Regards,

Raghavendra 

March 30th, 2016 03:00

Hi RKORGAL,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Are you using the touchpad for the drag and drop operation or using an external mouse?

Can you check in safe mode if you have the same issue with the drag and drop operation?

Please update the chipset driver to the latest version available on our Dell Support Site.

Also, please private message us the service tag of the system in discussion along with a picture of the touchpad which is displaced.

Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

3 Posts

March 30th, 2016 17:00

There is no problem when i perform drag drop operation using external mouse... I raised a service request attaching the snap shot of the touchpad.

Regards,

Raghavendra 

March 31st, 2016 09:00

Hi RKORGAL,

Thank you for trying that step.

Please private message us the service tag of the system so that we can check on the service request.

Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

70 Posts

September 18th, 2016 19:00

I have the same problem - the touchpad hardware feels problematic since the first day I owned this machine, and I deeply, deeply regret not returning the machine for a refund. Now, of course, it's out of warranty, and the thing frustrates me daily. It's nearly impossible to select or drag and drop - even clicking is only responsive half the time or so. I've seen the problem documented many other places. The hardware itself seems to be of poor design. I could cry I am so frustrated. This was NOT an inexpensive machine!

No Events found!