Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 1st, 2016 02:00

XPS 15 9530 won't power on

Hi all,

My XPS 9530 has been having problems for a while now - at first I thought it was just driver issues, since the biggest symptoms were that it wouldn't wake up from sleep properly (it would blue screen and need ro be rebooted), and would take an abnormaly long time to boot for an ssd.

Now, however, the problems have gotten more serious. It won't power on when the power cord is plugged in. I tried updating all the drivers and resetting the system to no avail. Now it won't even turn on.

Looking through the forums it seems that other people have had these problems too; however everyone has either returned their laptops or never updated their posts. I was wondering if anyone has successfully repaired thesee problems? Unfortunately I waited too long and my warranty expired; and on a student budget I cant afford to pay for an expensive repair only to find it didn't work.

Thanks in advance for the help

June 1st, 2016 23:00

Hi Sabreitweiser

Thanks for writing to us. 

Does the power light stay on the charger irrespective of connected to the system or not? 

You can try releasing static charge by removing the charger and battery and hold down the power button for 10 sec and then try to power back again. 

Try removing the memory modules as well and try powering on without them and then put them back one by one and try again. 

Await your response.

Regards

June 2nd, 2016 20:00

Hi we are awaiting your response. 

June 5th, 2016 20:00

If possible you can try another ac adapter. If still the same , with no signs of life on the system, would suspect a faulty motherboard. You can take the machine to a local Dell authorized service center and get it checked. 

June 5th, 2016 20:00

Hi Hema,

Thanks for answering, and sorry for the delayed response (I had to pick up a torx screwdriver to get the case open).

I tried disconnecting the battery and discharging like you mentioned, but with no luck. I don't think the memory is the issue (the side lights indicating the battery levels aren't coming on, and right before it died I was having a weird issue where it wouldn't turn on when plugged in), but I tried the memory in every possible configuration with no luck either.

//Alex

June 8th, 2016 18:00

Hi, 

do give us a shout should you have any questions.

No Events found!