Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 13th, 2016 12:00

XPS 15 (9550) Windows 10 BSOD DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

I experience at least a daily BSOD on my new Dell XPS 15 (9550) running Windows 10.  DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL.  ntoskrnl.exe+151d0

Have you updated to the latest BIOS? Yes.

Are your drivers up to date?  Yes.

Are you running the Samsung version 1.1 driver for the NVMe SSD?  Yes

Are you using UEFI in AHCI mode?  Yes

Have you reloaded your operating system from scratch?  Yes.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 13th, 2016 14:00

I am curious after reinstalling Windows how long did you wait before installing any programs or even drivers, just to let the system run Windows only and see if you still received the error?  I am almost tempted to suggest running the system in safemode over night and check in the morning to see if there are any blue screens. 

I would check resource monitor and see if any programs stand out to be using abnormal amount of system resources, open task manager, (press the windows key with the x key, choose task manager) click on the performance tab and then click the resource monitor button. You can see at a glance what is taking up CPU, memory, disk and network resources and perhaps get a clue on what is causing the problem. 

I will be shooting you a friendship request, with the error being so erratic i am cautious on suggesting any parts replacements, but if the problem continues it may be something to consider. 

TB

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 13th, 2016 13:00

I am sorry to read that you have been getting these errors. 

If you haven't already done so I do suggest running diagnostics and see if they can fine any possible hardware difficulties.

You mentioned reinstalling the OS from scratch, I have found too many times when dealing with defective hardware that reinstalling windows wont always go that well. Often errors will occur during the reinstall period and some times the reinstall may be halted altogether.  When reinstalling Windows did anything occur, any errors, hangs or lock ups during the install?  If not, when after the install did you start noticing the problem again, and what application, or driver was installed just prior to when the blue screens returned?

I know that this can be frustrating especially on a new system. Please let me know the results from the diagnostics, and if there was any abnormalities while reinstalling Windows. 

TB

4 Posts

June 13th, 2016 14:00

Already ran the diagnostics and no errors or issues. 

Reload of Windows went fine.

BSOD is random.  Doesn't matter what application(s) I'm using, what state the computer is in, how long it's been since last reboot, etc.  I cannot find a common thread or pattern.

4 Posts

June 14th, 2016 11:00

I just finished one more reinstall.  Format and reload.  After Windows 10 installed and booted for the first time I logged in and got my first BSOD in a matter of minutes, however it was not the driver_corrupted_expool this time, something different.  So the I downloaded the Samsung SSD driver first installed it, and the proceeded to install the remaining drivers until all the hardware was recognized.  So far so good.  No more BSOD thus far!  I'll continue with the way things are at the moment and we'll see how it goes.  I'll report back if I get another BSOD or after a few days if nothing happens.  Thanks!

4 Posts

June 16th, 2016 11:00

The culprit is Cisco AnyConnect.  It's Cisco, it's always Cisco software whenever a new version of Windows comes out or it's upgraded.  Cisco VPN or AnyConnect over the years has always caused issues when it comes to compatibility, crashes, and blue screens.

No Events found!