Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

March 16th, 2016 07:00

XPS 15 (9550) laggy mouse - any solution coming soon?

Hi all,

I really like my new XPS15 (infinity edge version 9550) but the touchpad/mouse isn't great.

For very small movements, it frequently seems to 'hang' for a few seconds.   It's a pain when working on photographic stuff as those sort of movements are very common.

Also, every other Dell I owned had a 'Synaptics' control panel and task bar application which allowed a good degree of customistation.  No such thing on the XPS15 9550.  One thing I'd like to do is disable mouse movement in the bottom section of the touchpad (where the clicky buttons are)

I've read other posts with similar issues.  Is there likely to be a proper solution to this soon?

(Yes, I've updated all the BIOS and drivers.  The Dell Update utility tells me there is nothing left to update.  Also, Windows 10 64 bit Home Edition is fully up to date)

Thanks

14 Posts

March 16th, 2016 08:00

I'd also like to adjust the 'tap sensitivity'  I seem to find myself dragging'n'dropping stuff when I only meant to move the mouse.  It seems the touchpad decided my initial contact was hard enough to be a tap so the subsequent movement is seen as a drag and drop.

Quite annoying when working with files and folders in Windows Explorer!

14 Posts

March 25th, 2016 04:00

Anyone?

Does Dell read and answer anything here?

I managed to shoehorn a synaptics driver into Windows and it's somewhat better but still often fails to register a left or right mouse click.

No Events found!