Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2017 14:00

XPS 15 9560 4K Screen Flicker

I received my Dell last month and the screen has started to flicker.

Dell please can you contact me to trouble shoot this problem.

• 

17K Posts

June 27th, 2017 07:00

PW1974,

Solution

Please instead install the Intel HD Graphics driver from our Support website. The Dell Intel HD Graphics driver 21.20.16.4574 is confirmed issue-free, so this version or the latest version available on our site should be downloaded to update your system.

If you have already upgraded the nVidia graphics driver with the driver package downloaded from nVidia support site while attempting to fix the flickering issue, please roll back to Dell official release version to avoid any issues that may present.

xps 9560 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

June 27th, 2017 09:00

Not the original poster but I have been experiencing flashes/flickering on the screen of my brand new XPS 15 laptop. I have installed the latest drivers from the support website but  still experience the problem.

• 

17K Posts

June 27th, 2017 10:00

quicksilver-78,

You can disable Hyper V to see if that will resolve the issue as well.

To Enable and Disable Hyper-V in Windows Features
Open Windows Features.

Expand the Hyper-V sub-section, and do step 3 or 4 below for what you want to do.

To Disable Hyper-V

Uncheck Hyper-V, click/tap on OK, and then 
 Restart the computer when prompted.

2 Posts

June 27th, 2017 12:00

Thanks Jesse. I have upgraded my Intel HD Graphics driver and fingers crossed so far so good.

Cheers

June 28th, 2017 00:00

Thanks Jesse. I've verified that Hyper-V is not enabled on my laptop. The problem appears after having used the system for a few hours and can occur both on battery and AC power

Regards

No Events found!