Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

July 22nd, 2017 08:00

XPS 15 9560 - Qualcomm Bluetooth Driver Will Not Load after KB4025342 Cummulative Update for July

I have tried everything I know to do.  I am an IT Pro with 30 years experience and this one has me stumped...

With the July cummulative update to Windows 10 15063, the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth driver has completely failed.  It will not load and reports it is corrupted or unusable.  Here's what I have tried...

1. Remove and reinstall driver - Fail

2. Ensure latest driver from Dell, remove and reinstall - Fail

3. Download latest driver package from Killernetworking.com - Fail

4. Roll back CU (KB4025342) - Success

5. Reinstall CU (KB4025342) - Installs, but kills the bluetooth driver again

6. Contact Dell Support - Fail - Technician said it's a Microsoft problem and I would have to contact them for support. (Ironically: I just bought this laptop two months ago and purchased a 4year premium support contract!).

7. Roll back CU (KB4025342) permanently - Not possible, as it is managed by our Windows Update Server on corporate domain and would effect everyone.  I could do this, but it would be a last resort, and it's unknown what vulnerability I would expose the rest of our W10 clients to.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  If so, what did you do to resolve?

Dell:  Can you please investigate and resolve?  All bluetooth functionality is broken so long as this CU is in place.

Thank you!

2 Posts

July 24th, 2017 06:00

I'm having a tonne of problems with Bluetooth as well, its no that the signal drops, but rather, the Bluetooth settings vanish from control panel and shows up as not working in device manager. Very frustrating... it does come back randomly after a few restarts only to vanish later

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 24th, 2017 08:00

With the July cummulative update to Windows 10 15063, the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth driver has completely failed.  It will not load and reports it is corrupted or unusable.  Here's what I have tried...

If you look at the Bluetooth device, on the properties you can see an Events tab.  If you go through those log entries, does anything stick out?  If you were to compare the log with the update installed and removed you might be able to discern some difference as to how it is behaving.

There was a thread here which mentioned their Wi-Fi would drop if Bluetooth was working.  The suggestion to change the Wi-Fi channel seemed to have helped.  Perhaps that would be an avenue you could explore.

No Events found!