Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 13th, 2011 19:00

XPS 15 - Color Saturation on LCD

I know a few people have brought this up already so I apologize for the duplicate issue.

I just replaced my XPS M1710 (sad to see it die) with an XPS 15.   This machine is great except the color saturations, particularly with Red, are insane.  The color red is so intense (saturated) that it borders on painful to look at.

I've looked at every setting I can think of but can't find a way to tone it down.

Any thoughts?    Dell...please dont tell me to change my theme settings for Win 7!

22 Posts

December 16th, 2013 10:00

I think I found the solution:

Try opening Windows Mobility Center and going to Default Display Color and setting it to "Generic Color" instead of "Splendid".

This fixed my issue and I'm shocked Dell tech support couldn't suggest this before taking over my computer and uninstalling then reinstalling video drivers. SMH...

I went from wanting to return my new XPS 15 to loving it with a click of a button. 

Let me know if this works for you as well.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

December 17th, 2013 07:00

Mo - you are a genius!!    This worked.   Can't believe it was this simple...thanks so much!

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

December 18th, 2011 14:00

After a call to the tech support group they managed to help me tweak a few settings but its still not quite right.

I dont understand why every other laptop I've purhased has been perfectly calibrated from day one and I am stuck with this.   Now have a serious case of buyers remorse but don't want to get hit with a restocking fee so I guess returning is out of the question.

Anyone have any suggestions?

4.4K Posts

December 18th, 2011 23:00

You can try this to see if it helps.

Windows 7 has introduced a new feature called Display Color Calibration wizard that helps you get your display colors just right.
Click Here to learn about Color Calibration Settings in Windows 7.

I don't know if it will help but it is worth a try.

22 Posts

December 13th, 2013 11:00

$1800 later and I'm in the exact same boat. DELL FIX THIS.

No Events found!