Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 30th, 2016 07:00

XPS 15 - Each month is a new problem

Hello community,

I am extremely frustrated. Having paid a lot of money for this laptop, there seems to be something new wrong with it each month. From screen freezes, to video freezing, to audio going mute, from the keyboard beginning to type in a whole other language, to the mouse clicks getting stuck, it's all gone wrong. Not only that but I am unable to get good quality display on any Adobe CS apps because all the icons are extremely small and it is impossible to operate them, and when I change the aspect ratio, I get poor quality, which defeats the purpose of having such an advanced computer.

To be fair, I bought this computer, because I do not own any apple products and this laptop seemed like the best alternative. Now, I wish I had just gotten an Apple Mac. It has been 6 months and I'm afraid that I'm stuck with it and it's now and extremely expensive devise to check my email and watch videos (when it's functioning properly) and I HATE HATE HATE WINDOWS 10. After all the issues I've had with it I want to just give it back and get my money back because I cannot have a computer that is so unpredictable and glitchy and the only way to fix it is to force quit (which would mean losing a lot of work had I been editing or designing). Customer service has tried fixing things before with remote access but alas, there are still issues with it. How can I get them to take it back and get my money back? It has been a nightmare of 6 months! Please, help!

12 Posts

June 30th, 2016 13:00

I am disappointed and frustrated like you. My company decided to replace everyone's computer for XPS 15 an XPS13 and has been a nightmare. From getting blue screens when connecting headphones, computer waking up randomly and unable to shut it down, screen freezes, Bluetooth malfunctions, wifi performance issues, etc. My XPS 15 has been replaced 3 times within 2 weeks. Other coworkers have similar issues as well. It is incredible. Next time I will get an apple with windows 10 via bootcamp.

July 1st, 2016 08:00

Okay, so here's what I did. Go to Facebook (if you're in the UK Dell UK) and message them. Seriously. I messaged them and we sent messages back and forth, and then called me back (on my phone) and I just hung up the phone, and I guess we have to wait and see if it's solved the problem. Apparently,  my driver needed updating. However, one of the questions he asked was whether I was getting blue screens. I would highly recommend writing to them on facebook and if you have one more day to wait to fix your laptop, do it. Because I tried the chat on their website (the actual website as opposed to the facebook page) and they said they couldn't help. I emailed and they never got back to me. So, do it! 

No Events found!