Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2013 04:00

XPS 15 L502X heating after installing Windows 8

Hi All,

I have installed windows 8 on my system last month. Till Windows 7 was installed everything was fine. Battery backup was around 2.5 to hours on normal use and 1.5-2 hours if I used to hear song or watch movie. But after I have installed windows 8 the heating problem has started, battery backup has dropped. It gives around 50 minutes on hearing songs and around 30 minutes on watching movies and around 1.5 hours on normal use.

Please suggest what should I do.

Thanks in advance.

Abhinav

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 30th, 2013 05:00

Hi Abhinav,

Updating the BIOS may help; use the link below to download the BIOS.

http://dell.to/QjjZDA

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code, under the BIOS category select the latest BIOS and install it.

Also do a complete windows update in the system.

Please do reply for further assistance.

7 Posts

January 30th, 2013 09:00

Hi
Thank you for the information.
I have updated my BIOS but still its the problem
Thanks

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 1st, 2013 07:00

Hi Abhinav,

Please clean the fan air vents using a can of compressed air. Also, we need to check whether the hardware is working as designed.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess flea power and then try running the test. You can run the PSA hardware diagnostics in your computer to check the hardware is working as designed. Follow the steps below to run the PSA diagnostics.

Turn the computer off >restart the computer

At the Dell logo screen, start tapping the F12 key a few times until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear.

At the onetime boot menu, press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostic’, and then press Enter to begin the PSA diagnostics.

If the test fails, please make a note of any error codes listed. You can also refer to the link below.

http://dell.to/OUGnqT

Please do reply for further assistance.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 4th, 2013 22:00

Hi Abhinav,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post.

7 Posts

February 6th, 2013 05:00

I am yet to follow these steps. I will update you as soon as I am done with it.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 13th, 2013 22:00

Hi Abhinav,

I haven’t got any update from you, please let me know whether you have completed the steps which I have given in the previous post.

Let me know about the progress.

7 Posts

February 20th, 2013 05:00

Hi Senthil,

Sorry for late response.

I conducted test and I received error code 0F00:133C.

Can you please help to know that what is this error about and how to diagnose this.

Thanks

Abhinav

No Events found!