Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2015 22:00

XPS 15 L521X trackpad issue

Hi,

I have been using my Dell XPS 15 for over a year. Before, I used Win7 and have no trouble with the trackpad. But when I updated it to Win 8.1 a month ago, the trackpad becomes more sensitive and when I drag, the mouse often jitters between two points, making the simple task of selecting a specific area of text or dragging and dropping folders or photos a very frustrating process to the point that it is almost unusable. And sometimes, when I use bluetooth mouse, the trackpad is off, for no reason.

I am using the latest trackpad diver version (16.3.7) which I downloaded directs from the dell website. I can see that there is the latest synaptics version 17.0.19 but I can't install it so I have to stick with the older version and now the problem is still here no matter what I try to do. Please help me!!

Regards,

Natalie

April 8th, 2015 23:00

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for writing to us.
In regards to the sensitivity issue, you can set the required amount of sensitivity from the Touchpad options itself. What error are you getting when you try updating the driver?
Please uninstall the current driver, restart the machine and install the latest version for proper functionality.
If you're facing problems with an external mouse,try disabling the trackstick from the Touchpad control panel and check if it makes any difference.
If you still face any issues, please send me a friend request and we can continue diagnosis through a private message.

2 Posts

April 11th, 2015 00:00

The problem occurs when I try to use my wireless mouse at the same time with my trackpad. The mouse behaves like it should but the trackpad does not. The pointer moves around erratically making gestures such as dragging and clicking difficult. I have uninstalled my current trackpad driver and installed the latest one but the issue does not go away. Is there a software solution for this or is my trackpad a faulty one?

April 12th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Please update both the wireless driver as well in case the touchpad driver is updated. Check if the issue is seen in Safe Mode.

In case issue persists there as well, send me a friend request and provide the service tag and the Installed Operating System version through a private message. 

No Events found!