Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2011 15:00

XPS 15 VGA Port

6 Posts

December 13th, 2011 15:00

Can anyone please just take a look. The 5 minutes spent on this post can save my whole day

934 Posts

December 13th, 2011 16:00

As stated in Wikipedia Dell,HP and others adopted the Apple's MiniDP standard.From a technical point of view the technical specification are the same  for all manufacturers - otherwise it wouldn't make sense.That's the way I see it.

6 Posts

bump

6 Posts

Thank you for the reply. It mostly answered my question. So even though it is an Apple brand product, it will work on the xps 15?

6 Posts

Thank you for the reply. It mostly answered my question.

Now what the problem is, I've looked on the apple site and read the reviews but they were only for Macs

Will this adapter work on my PC? (XPS 15)

934 Posts

Excerpt from Wikipedia:

The Mini DisplayPort (abbreviated MiniDP or mDP) is a miniaturized version of the DisplayPort digital audio-visual interface. Apple, Inc. announced the development in the fourth quarter of 2008, and now applies it in the LED Cinema Display and in all new Macintosh computers: MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, and Xserve.[1] It is also used in new PC notebooks from various manufacturers such as Toshiba, HP and Dell.

=============================================

read the customer reviews who already tested it

=============================================

The products should work fine with your Dell system - given the Wiki information above.

I've never tested it myself........

No Events found!