Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 5th, 2011 15:00

XPS 15 and euro power?

Looks like power supply can work with both US and Euro outlets, can I just buy simple adapter and go on with US XPS 15 in Europe? 

297 Posts

June 5th, 2011 16:00

Dell laptop power bricks and also those from any mainstream manufacturer are auto-switching. The will adapt to differing AC voltage and frequency. Typically 110V/60Hz and 220-230V/50Hz.

You can buy an adapter to convert  the USA wall outlet plug to the UK/Ireland type and another one to convert to the round pin type used in most of continental Europe. And also as a set. The can be found in the shops in any international airport where they will be overpriced. Better to look on Amazon or the like where you will find them for a couple of bucks.

I have a neat one that converts my UK plug into just about anything the world can throw at it. The problem is to keep hold of it. Amazing how many hair-dryers, iPod and mobile phone chargers the family need to plug in when abroad.

10 Posts

June 5th, 2011 17:00

Thank you very much. I just worried what if I needed full scale transformer instead simple plug adapter.

No Events found!