Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

5 Posts

September 6th, 2008 04:00

XPS 1530 Keeps shutting down On It's Own

Could somebody in the know please help me try and find out what is happening with my XPS M1530.

The problem i'm having is that once a game has loaded, usually within the first 2 minutes or so my laptop just shuts down without any prior warning.

It just instantly turns off, once i turn it back on the screen resolution is not as it was either.

This only happens when i'm loading/playing games it dosn't happen when i'm playing a DVD

Could somebody in the know please advise as to what the problem might be!

Thanks

September 6th, 2008 09:00

drıver - ı guess

ınstall another drıver 

September 6th, 2008 12:00

It may be a defective GPU. Have you installed BIOS A09? Call Dell.

http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2008/08/18/nvidia-gpu-update-dell-to-offer-warranty-enhancement-to-all-affected-customers-worldwide.aspx

Good Luck

Message Edited by XPSM1530_owner on 09-06-2008 07:02 AM

14 Posts

September 6th, 2008 13:00

Good luck with this GPU !  it can't get any worse (regading temperature).

1 Message

April 26th, 2009 19:00

Im having the same issue. Im really leaning towards an overheat issue in the processor. I can play a game seamlessly for about 20 minutes before the computer abruptly shuts down. Then it takes forever to restart and when i try playing the game again it takes only like 5 minutes before the system shutdown again. Oh and i should add it prompts me at the beginning if I would like to start Windows normally along with the other options. Have you found a solution to your problem?

No Events found!