Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

May 10th, 2009 12:00

XPS 1530 keeps turning off by itself

Hello guys, so here's the lowdown:

MODEL: XPS M1530

Problem: LAPTOP TURNS OFF BY ITSELF / SPONTANEOUSLY PROCEEDING A SHORT FADE-OUT "BEAMING" SOUND

SPECS:

• BIOS A12, Recently updated
  • NVIDIA 8600
  • Warranty til 2012

SYMPTOMS:

1. COMPUTER KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN BY ITSELF WITHOUT WARNING, NO BLUE SCREEN, NOTHING.

2. Tried doing the Diagnostic Boot but it turns off halfway so I can't even do that. (WOW)

3. Was able to pass through windows and Dell Media Direct a couple of times but it just happened again.

4. Fan activity gets progressively noisy and by the time it reaches its peak, computer turns off. (I thought BIOS A12 fixes that?)

5. Computer always hot, CPU temp sometimes maxes to 192F

HELP! Anyone else having the same symptoms?

• Could somebody provide a NUMBER OF POSSIBLE DIAGNOSIS FOR SUCH SYMPTOMS?
  • Is it leaning more towards a hardware / motherboard issue?
  • If shipped to technician, how long do you think it will take to finish? (I got a project deadline :((()
  • Please share your experiences as well
  • Thanks very much.

1 Message

June 14th, 2009 04:00

I have the same problem if anyone can knows how to resolve this problem, it would be a great help!

1 Message

October 5th, 2009 07:00

I am having the same problem too.  I have the same laptop (barely over a year old) and its shutting down the same way.  I called Dell Help Desk and they told me it was the battery, and that I could take the battery out and boot up just using the power adaptor.  This works occassionally, but even without the battery I am still having the same problems.  If anyone has an answer to this, please help!!!!

March 9th, 2010 12:00

I had the same issue getting progressively worse last summer.  I was able to press the issue with technical support and got them to send out a tech to replace the motherboard.  If you're still under warranty, insist that it be repaired, if you haven't already!

Good luck!

No Events found!