Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 7th, 2010 23:00

XPS 1645 List of problems

Hello all,

I bought my 1645 December/09. I am not really a gamer, if I play a game maybe it's Half life 2, or if I have a good connection Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 online, but I wanted a computer that could be my mobile station, I could keep my files on, play the odd game and watch Blu-Ray movies. I got the RGB screen, got all the options I cared about, and since then have had nothing but problems.

-Jan- screen stopped working, was returned/replaced

-later Jan-6,7,y,u,h,j,n,m keys stopped working, was again returned, again replaced.

-Feb 15 screen color had green tinge and very dark, this still happens, I just have to pull battery and hold down the power button

- March 10  java script errors pop up every couple of hours and on every start up

-March 10, same keys stop working, had tech come to home, replaced keyboard, replaced hard drive, but said that the new HD was defective and I should use the old one unless I have further problems (javascript errors still come on)

-freezes sometimes

-while in sleep mode, sometimes will randomly turn on ( not to update)

-sometimes while in sleep mode, crashes. When I turn it back on, it will say it has recovered from a critical error, no solution.

-screen brightness now doesn't change.

I had a inspiron 1520 for 2 years and had no problems at all. Not one.

Should I keep going through the steps of calling techs, answering the same questions while they read their questions from a manual? I paid about $1800 for this machine, and just want something reliable and that plays clear movies. Am I qualified for a refund? I want a good computer, in fact I NEED a good computer, I am not getting it. Thanks!

No Responses!
No Events found!