Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2012 00:00

XPS 17 Can't find the Panzer audio software?

I purchased a refurbished L702X XPS 17. Part of its system configuration included the following:

PN7N1 MODULE..., SOFTWARE..., CRTV, PANZER, 1.2.X, FACTORY INSTALL

I thought these are the Creative audio drivers that improve the performance of the audio hardware.  On the support site after I put in my service code, the only audio drivers listed are the Realtek HD Audio drivers.  There are no Panzer drivers to be had.  Where can I find this software?  Or am I mistaken somehow?

Thanks!

Spass

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 30th, 2012 06:00

PN7N1 MODULE..., SOFTWARE..., CRTV, PANZER, 1.2.X, FACTORY INSTALL

Spass, the Panzer terminology does not appear very often on this discussion board because the software is most usually referred to as "CREATIVE Sound Blaster X-Fi MB Audio"  or a similar name. The only reference I could find in my notes to Panzer was for what looks to be older version than yours:

1    P684M    Module, Software, Creative PANZER, 1.0, Factory Install    

The factory install should already have been installed on your computer. As you discovered it is not available for download from the drivers & downloads page. It might be available on your My Dell Downloads page. The following is from page 73 of your Setup Guide 

Some of the software pre-installed on your new Dell computer do not include a backup CD or DVD. This software is available on the My Dell Downloads website. From this website you can download available software for reinstallation or create your own backup media.
To register and use My Dell Downloads:
1. Go to DownloadStore.dell.com/media.
2. Follow the instructions on the screen to register and download the software.
3. Reinstall the software or create a backup media for future use.downloads 

If you ordered it and it was missing when your laptop arrived and it is not on your My Dell Downloads then you may need to contact Dell.

I thought these are the Creative audio drivers that improve the performance of the audio hardware. 

The CREATIVE Sound Blaster X-Fi MB Audio software is a bundle of software enhancements like e.q., reverb and such that Creative bundles with its hardware. To get it to work on a Dell the installer needs to see a Creative driver so yes there is a driver involved, but other software too. (Note that the Creative Audigy driver will not install unless it sees the laptop's Realtek driver, so that has to be installed and working prior to the Creative bundle.)

43 Posts

March 30th, 2012 12:00

I tried to go to the site you mentioned.  It forwards to Smartsource.dell.com and after going through the steps, it told me that my service tag was not supported.  :/  

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 30th, 2012 17:00

Sorry I can't help with that. It was just a thought anyway. I don't know if the software you want would be under My Dell Downloads or not, whether a refurb machine supports My Dell Downloads or not, and whether or not there is a My Dell Downloads for your region of the country or world. I hope someone else can help you with that or maybe just contact Dell.

1 Message

March 14th, 2013 15:00

I also purchased an XPS 17 with the software installed.  The image that was shipped with my laptop was garbage, so I had to use the disks to reinstall everything.  I then find out that not everything is on the disks, so i go to my download center and the creative soundblaster software was not there.  Now i have a waves maxxaudio button that just gives me an error message when i try to use it.  I paid money for this feature, so if anyone has a way f  or me to get the install i would really appreciate it.  I can even give a service tag to verify that i should have the software if that is required.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 15th, 2013 05:00

Now i have a waves maxxaudio button that just gives me an error message when i try to use it. 

The Waves Maxxaudio button needs to have the Realtek audio driver and the Dell Quickset application installed, if you have Windows 7. Same thing for Win 8 bur for a while Quickset would not work right in Win 8 in regards to the button. I don't know if they ever got out a version that fully works in 8.

so i go to my download center and the creative soundblaster software was not there. 

There are 2 downloads areas:

1. the drivers page for your model -- it also has a couple of programs like Dell Quickset.

2. My Dell Downloads, which has the additional software you bought with your computer. If your Creative software is not there then contact Dell.

No Events found!