volkeyn
1 Copper

RE: XPS 18 Wireless Keyboard issue.

I just got an XPS 18 yesterday...KB/mouse is not working..the same situation...this is very disappointing....I have tried everything...Dell unifying software doesn't work unless you have a dongle...when I run the app it says no USB has been detected...so does DELL really expect the consumers to open the back panel and physically check the built in hardware?

This is funny....what if I mass up something inside , is my warranty still going to be valid?

Please let me know if there is any other fix for this? I can always use a bluetooth KB/mouse but having a brand new unit with KB/mouse  not working is dissappointing????? 

0 Kudos
samazur
1 Copper

i amm typing this on screen because i have the same problem since purchase xmas 2013 for more than a 1000 dollars at bestbuy. bought it for my poor 80 y old dad . 

specific problem keyboard pairs fine with utiloty , drivers all uploaded new , batteries new .

volume functins on keyboard works, the other strokes dont work ...if u press 10 seconds or so allmkeys work.

did all suggestions didnt work .

worst of all since my dad was compalaining to dell noone helped him, when i looked up the problem foumd more than a dozen entry aboit exactly same thing and yet they wanted to charge me for support , and even worse the "manager" from india hung up the phone on me when i asked him for an 1800 number tocomplain accomapnying with evidence that many people had same exact problem.

when i reviewed the avise from technicians here about a dongle pairing , ot showed hpw ignorant the tech suppoet in this company,

i hope to get a response asap, otherwise i wpuld have to post myncomplain everywhere on all social media  because this is so outrageous and unethical.

thanks

sj

Doyling
1 Copper

I am having the same problem. Function keys work, tab, shift, Windows key. Any letter or Enter or number does not work. Reboot the computer does the trick for a little while. Now I remember why I haven't bought a Dell in ages. Rotten support, half baked implementation.

0 Kudos
Doyling
1 Copper

There is a similar thread on the Kaspersky Internet Security site.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=331763&st=0

0 Kudos
dks222
1 Copper

Having a similar issue. No problems connecting with the keyboard & mouse that came with the computer - and there was no dongle. The original keyboard & mouse only work with the original computer. And when replaced a dongle is required. And while that's not really a big deal,  the computer only has 2 USB ports so that just used up HALF of all the available USB ports.

I'm not happy with how Dell has configured this. Nor am I happy with the poor quality of the original keyboard that required replacement after just a few years. Not to mention that the very expensive stand that was purchased with this computer stopped working after a year. (It stopped charging the computer.)

My LAST Dell product..... Smiley Sad

0 Kudos