Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2013 13:00

XPS 9530 some games don't scale up for qHD+ resolution (a fix)

Hello- just another fix I figured I'd share...  When I first got my XPS 15 9530 I attempted installing Saints Row IV...  The game runs badly at native 3200 x 1800 resolution and needed to be brought down to about 1600 x 900 or 1080p perhaps to achieve a good frame rate.

Both of these smaller display settings in game were causing the display to only show the picture in the center of the screen with a thick black border around it...  

The way to fix this, is to set your native resolution to the same resolution you have set in game in your display preferences.  I'm not sure why the display isn't automatically scaling the picture up in some cases, but this has fixed that problem for me...  and this DOES apply to more than just Saints Row..  any game that appears to do this should be fixed by this same method.

Just right click on your desktop - hit screen resolution and adjust it to match the game you're trying to play...  Wish there were a more automated fix than this, but in the meantime it's working well for me.

5 Posts

January 9th, 2014 07:00

Hi,

I found getting new drivers from laptopvideotogo fixed this issue. Tested with 3 different games running in 3 different resolutions all scale automatically when they open. Drivers: 331.65 work great for me.

Before this fix I was doing the same native rez trick as you.

Cheers

No Events found!