Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2017 00:00

XPS 9560 - Stuttering/lag during video playback/gaming

I have an XPS 15 (9560) laptop (i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 64-bit OS) and have been experiencing stuttering/lag during video playback (VLC Media Player) and gaming for the past few months. I have updated all my drivers, updated the BIOS, and optimized my video playback settings, but nothing seems to be working. I even tried installing the latest 630 Graphics Driver offered on the Intel website, but every time I try to manually install it, Windows tells me that I have the latest driver installed already and won't let me initiate the installation.

Has anyone else experience similar issues? I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

October 4th, 2017 10:00

Hi there, can you Private Message me your Service Tag (please do not post it in the thread). Also, other than VLC, what games does it lag on? And have  you run Dell Diags yet? If not, please do so either by pressing F2 at startup (so at the Dell screen when you first turn the computer on) or at this link after you enter your Service Tag.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2017 02:00

Thank you for offering to assist me. I have PMed you the requested information.

No Events found!