Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

7 Posts

May 26th, 2005 18:00

XPS Gen 2 LED Controller and LED Media Player Plugin (Lights Beat to music)

Ive wrote 2 apps for the XPS Gen 2.

First app is a LED controller, this not only select the colour of the LEDs like the Dell utility it also includes special effects. Plus it minimises to taskbar and uses virtually no CPU time.

Eg

LEDs change colour on mouse movement
LEDs change colour relative to mouse postion
LEDs cycle in colour
LEDs Pulse between 2 colours
LEDs fade in and out like a heartbeat.

Secondlay i have wrote a Plugin for Windows Media Player that will cause the LEDs to beat to the music.

Is anyone in these forums interested in these apps.

PS They are free.  Screenshot below

Message Edited by qualar on 05-26-2005 02:21 PM

1 Message

April 22nd, 2006 21:00

I have been looking for almost 1 year on how to get the lights on my XPS M170 to go with the music.

I saw one of your links to the program from more than a year ago... but I can't seem to get the thing to install correctly.  I recently downloaded the correct Microsoft Frame Net 2.0  ... do you have any updated links and perhaps other instructions on how to get this to work... I was hoping to use it on my I tunes... but would like the lights to respond during normal functions on the cpu as well!  Your program looks amazing... would love to be able to use it.

Please email me at ryanwolf@rgv.rr.com

Thanks,

Ryan

7 Posts

April 23rd, 2006 08:00

You can use Quickset at the same time.  To uninstall just delete the folder.

1 Message

April 23rd, 2006 08:00

Awesome job!

But, I have one question: How do you uninstall and use the original QuickSet program/menu?

Thanks

1 Message

April 27th, 2013 11:00

does anybody have a current link to this thing? i just bought a used m170 and have been tracking down old dead links for over a week now... i know it's an old computer. and i've been seeing screenshots of what i need, so i know it's out there somewhere, i just can't find a link that works

12 Posts

January 13th, 2016 20:00

I would like to download your apps for my M17X r3. Do they run in Windows 10? Where are they posted now. Your post site doesn't work anymore.

Big D

No Events found!