Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

July 15th, 2011 07:00

XPS L502X Connecting to an Ultrasharp U2311H Monitor?

Hi,

just purchased an XPS L502X laptop and wanted to know what connection cable I require, e.g. DVI, DVI-D, DVI-I etc?

Thanks,

Mark.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 15th, 2011 10:00

What ports are on the laptop and on the monitor? Ports should match. Most laptops have HDMI out and if your monitor just has DVI in, buy a converter cable that had dvi on one end and hdmi on the other--like THIS. HDMI is best and better than vga to vga. If you can use hdmi to hdmi make sure to buy from an online retailer like Amazon or Meritline for less than $10 each. Expensive $30 to $100 HDMI cables at local stores are a huge waste of money.

19 Posts

July 15th, 2011 13:00

Hi,

on the monitor, according to the specs:

Connectivity

DVI-D (HDCP), DisplayPort,

VGA, 4 x USB 2.0 ports

Slots for security cable lock and anti-theft stand lock (security cables and locks not included)

On the L502X I have the Mini DisplayPort connection or HDMI. I think that the Mini DisplayPort is the better connection for non-media devices, e.g. Blue-Ray etc?

Thanks again...

8 Posts

October 4th, 2011 19:00

You can use following adapter

1) Mini displayport to DVI-D -easily available

2) Mini displayport to fullsize displayport (rare cable, but I prefer this as it is pure displayport ) I just bought it from circuitassembly

regards

19 Posts

October 5th, 2011 01:00

Hello,

thanks for the info.

I managed to purchase a Lindy Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (ref: 41023). :emotion-5:

Thanks.

No Events found!