Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2015 18:00

XPS L502X Poor Audio Quality

Hi all

I have an XPS L502X for 4 years already and I've always enjoyed music with its JBL speakers. Now the sound quality is very poor, not stero and I can no find a solution, although I've tried almost everything I could imagine.

Please help, it is driving me crazy.

It all started when I installed the Dell System Detect thing. It caused a terrible stuttering, buzzing noise during video or music playing. After a lot of research, I discovered that was the problem and uninstalled that.

Since then I have the poor audio quality. Some nVidia drivers updates came in between, I can not remember and I am not sure if this is relevant.

I uninstalled and re-installed audio drivers from the Dell Drivers webpage, but to no avail. On Device Manger, under Sound Controllers, all look ok. Realtek drivers are up to date and working.

However I have that poor audio quality and it has ruined my listening experience. It is not stereo, as I already mentioned and it's like any other laptop.

Any tips, or help would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

April 3rd, 2015 18:00

Hello, 

How is the audio from earphones or headphones ??

As you said the issue started after installing Dell Detect, can you do a system restore to the day when it was working fine.

Regards

Hema

2 Posts

April 3rd, 2015 19:00

Hey Hema, thanks for the reply.

It is better on earphones. I am not sure if its perfect, but at least I can hear stereo sound and way better quality.

It took me a while to find out that Dell Detect was causing the problem at the first place, so a lot happened in between. I can't remember the full succession of driver updates, new drivers and everything I tried. I had tried a lot, before finding that Delll Detect was the problem

Actually, I had done a system restore to a previous point and then the problem got worse. Probably I also uninstalled something I shouldn't.

Cheers

Pan

* I may reply later if you post another comment, as I live in Greece and it is very late in the night here right now.

April 3rd, 2015 21:00

Please accept the inviate and provide me your system tag #.
I suspect the speakers are the issue here.
Regards
Hema

No Events found!