Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2011 10:00

XPS M1210 Battery & Charging Issue

So, I have been experiencing an odd issue with my laptop. Plugged in, the computer starts up and runs perfectly. The Battery indicator is a constant and steady green, and yet the battery is, according to the power meter, Dell QuickSet,  and the bios, not installed. The battery will charge, although slowly, and when it is charged the computer will run without the power cord installed. However, when doing so, it still says that it is on AC power.

So far I have not been able to find anyone with this problem. It currently is running BIOS v. A07, and i am unable to flash  A08 to it because it requires both the AC power adapter and the battery to be installed. I assume that the battery is simply dead, however before i purchase a replacement I want some additional feedback. Anyone have any ideas?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 22nd, 2011 10:00

If the AC adapter is correctly recognized, but the battery is not, try a system reset (remove the battery, unplug the system and hold the power button for 30 seconds).  Then try the battery again.  If it's still not found, and it's a Dell OEM battery, then chances are the battery has failed.  If it's an original battery the same age as the system, it's well past its expected lifespan.

No Events found!