Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

C

10 Posts

December 9th, 2008 09:00

XPS M1330 Brazil Keyboard Support Problem

I have a nice XPS M1330 and am very happy with the computer.  Back in September I got an offer from Dell for a Brazil keyboard (code FY205), which I purchased from Dell in early October.  The keyboard is installed and working very well.  Most unfortunately though, one key does not work the way it should.  This keyboard has a /? key where it normally should be the CTRL key to the right of the space key.  Well, the key is working as a CTRL key no matter what I try.  I have spent numerous hours with Technical Support to no avail.  I have create a new Windows Vista system on a spare HD, also to no avail.  Microsoft gaveme a Keyboard Layout Creator program but the key in question appears as "Unnassignable".  Today I have done some research at the Dell Brazil forum and could see that many people have the same problem.  In there Dell issued a new BIOS to support the keyboard, but my BIOS is up to date.  Dell Support tells me there are no drivers available for the keyboard and is looking into the problem as they were able to recreate the problem in their lab, but could not propose any solution.

I wonder if anybody else has had this problem or know of a way around it.

Thanks a million!

No Responses!
No Events found!