Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2009 08:00

XPS M1330 Failure Issues

Hi all

Firstly I'm new here so if there are any posts similar to mine please let me know!

I purchased a XPS M1330 in late December of 2008.  The computer would take around 3 minutes to be turned on and able to use.  This seemed way to high for me, but I could live with it.  At the end of April/beginning of May the hard drive failed, and not one computer shop around where I live could get any bit of Data off it (everything was backed up by the way).  Then in august 2009 the optical drive just stopped working and two days later the hard drive failed.  Sent the laptop back to dell again to be fixed and once it was returned to me the hard drive started making a really loud clicking noise and then later that same day the motherboard died.

Dell refuses to do anything but keep repairing the laptop, because I have a three year complete care warranty.  I have stated several times that I would like my money back and I have been communicating on the phone and by email with dell.  I have also been lied to by the support people on the phone and by the people who have emailed me.

I would really like some help as to what I should do next.  As I am running out of ideas on how to handle this issue.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 3rd, 2009 08:00

If you've had multiple repair attempts, ask for a replacement system.  You will not get your money back, period - if you hold out for that, you'll wind up on the short end of things.

No Events found!