Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

March 13th, 2008 17:00

XPS M1330 Not powering On

I set the laptop on hibernate mode and after like 2 hours i tried to turn on the laptop and it wont do. I press the On/Off button and nothing happens. No lights go on , no sound its just dead. Battery is 50% charged. I noticed something peculiar, when i connect the charger to the power without connecting to my laptop, the blue light in the charger adaptor is on, the moment i plug it into my laptop, the light turns off. This is very consistent.

105 Posts

March 13th, 2008 18:00

Try pressing the power button for 3 to 5 seconds.

Also, there may some tips here you can try...

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-6349-1046825.html

2 Posts

March 14th, 2008 07:00

i had the same problem just like yours my xps1330 did not come on and when attached to an a/c source the blue light on the block was on but when i attached it to the laptop then it dissaperd. so  i am sorry to say your motherboard has gone u need to call dell to replace the motherboard. i had 2 engerneirs out replacing the motherboard but still it did not power up so dell gave me a new laptop from the factory so now i am a happy dell customer again!!!

79 Posts

March 14th, 2008 14:00

I wouldn't be quick to jump to that assumption and if you call in requesting that and keeping that thought in your mind you're likely to either make the call longer because the technician will do much less to help you.  So what you should start off with is something simple like trying a few small techniques then you can get on the phone or chat if you can't fix it on your own.  It's much less hassle.

First off!  Try this.  Remove the AC adapter and power.  Hold in the power button for 10 seconds.  Then plug only the Ac adapter in and Hold FN and hit power.

::::::::WATCH!!!:::::::  If any lights come on and the system does not right down the light combination on the lock lights.  Ex.  "Flashing Flashing Solid"  They are lights located on the top middle area of your keyboard.  Record the light combination if your machine did not come on!. 

If it does come on try it with the battery;

If it does not post and does give you lights you can call tech support and tell them the error get the correct parts dispatched or they will ask you to remove some items.  Either way this will cut down some wait time.  Also you can try removing the memory if you want to try.  It seems to be the case in most no post issues.

3 Posts

March 14th, 2008 19:00

Thanks for the message, i think aviator is right. Dan i explained the whole scenario on the phone and they immediately said it could be motherboard problem and did not suggest any techniques as informed by you. Anyway i am having the technician coming in 10 hours, hope he can fix it. Thank you for your responses.

3 Posts

March 16th, 2008 17:00

Helllo All,

The motherboard change did the trick , the laptop is now power on and everything seems to be working but i have a peculiar problem, after like 5 minutes from the time my laptop is started, the processor reads 100% usage and stays there, i have never had this problem before and did not install or download any new applications since the mother board change. Could this be a motherboard problem or if any conection was not made properly? I have tried closeing almost all programs and yet its at 100%, i checked the task manager, none of the programs are ussing the CPU regularly or at peak performance, i have 1 GB of RAM free.

Regards

Muthu 

No Events found!