Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

P

July 31st, 2008 23:00

XPS M1530 BIOS update to A09 causes notebook not to boot

I updated my BIOs to A09 from A08. Following the BIOS update, my M1530 running Vista will no longer boot. I've tried the Dell troubleshooting tool. The PC will not boot to the last know good configuration; it will not boot in safe mode. Is anyone else experiencing this issue with BIOS A09? Any suggestions? I'm hoping some other option than having to do a PC restore to factory config.

3.6K Posts

August 6th, 2008 04:00

When a BIOS flash fails the motherboard has to be replaced.

Are you sure the flash was successful?...

1 Message

August 7th, 2008 15:00

The same thing happened to me when I was updating the BIOS to A09. I chatted with tech support and they're going to send me a new motherboard and bios.

1 Message

August 8th, 2008 00:00

Very scary ... I have tried to upgrade the BIOS from A08 to A09. When I have downloaded the file, my anti virus detected a virus PAK_Generic06 (Trend Micro) and it will not save the file. I am not very familiar with Vista, so don't know what to do. Can someone help ?

XPS M1530 Intel Duo T8300 @ 2.4GHz 4Gb Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 (The machine is brand new)

September 3rd, 2008 00:00

Roddy and others - I had the exact same problem.  There are other threads where people are having the same problem.  Luckily, TREND and Windows Firewall blocked the file for me.  It is in my folder now.  I will not try to install it.  I can't believe that DELL is not addressing this problem.  No responses to any of these posts from liasons and the update is destroying computers?  And the DELL desktop that I just bought will be here tomorrow.  I hope the computer Gods are smiling at me.  If any of us find out anything, let's post it here.  I've been browzing trying to find solutions.  Good luck.

OD

Laptops 1530XPS Vista

Inspiron 8600 XP

Desktop  Gateway XP

420XPS on the way.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 4th, 2008 19:00

Hi, All.

I came to the party late, but I am working this issue. I will update when I know something.

2 Posts

August 11th, 2010 08:00

I have a XPS M1530 18 months old. I carried out a skandsik from which my machine did not recover.

When I press the power button it lights up blue for a couple of seconds then goes out (the LED on the front edge is telling me the machine is on and the disk drive is trying to run as a the restore disc is in the slot and will not eject.

I am living in Spain but speak very little Spanish so Dells Tech Support here is useless to me.  To phone the UK on  a premium number would be astranomical.

Has anybody any idea where I can go from here as I am between a rock and a hard place.

1 Message

December 17th, 2010 17:00

Roddy and others - I had the exact same problem.  There are other threads where people are having the same problem.  Luckily, TREND and Windows Firewall blocked the file for me.  It is in my folder now.  I will not try to install it.  I can't believe that DELL is not addressing this problem.  No responses to any of these posts from liasons and the update is destroying computers?  And the DELL desktop that I just bought will be here tomorrow.  I hope the computer Gods are smiling at me.  If any of us find out anything, let's post it here.  I've been browzing trying to find solutions.  Good luck.

OD

Laptops 1530XPS Vista

Inspiron 8600 XP

Desktop  Gateway XP

420XPS on the way.

It's quite useful, I got more deep understanding about this part, It is exactly what I need, Thanks for your explanation!
No Events found!