Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2011 23:00

XPS M1530 Fan and Power Problems

I have a Dell XPS M1530. I got it new . There are currently a few problems with it. I have Windows 7 by the way. So, One day when I turned on my laptop a black screen came up saying my ac adapter was not recognized, so I just continued since it would work even though it wasnt recognized. But then It said no battery detected even though I have the battery and ac adapter that came with it. Also, at that same time when I turned it on, the fan would spin for a few seconds and then stop. I am being told it is a mobo problem and thats all I have to get replaced? I am trying to get this fixed within the next couple off weeks because I leave for school soon.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 9th, 2011 05:00

What you have likely is a mainboard problem - however, given the unreliability of the video chips in this model, take the $400 or more you'd spend on a replacement board and put it toward a new system.

August 9th, 2011 08:00

Well I would like to keep the laptop , because I like it and everything. I just like keeping with the old ya know. I looked and it would be 140 for a new mobo with the video card from ebay. I think Im just going to go with that

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 9th, 2011 11:00

As long as you realize that you're likely getting a board that will simply fail again - and that what you do get will be a minimum of a couple-five years old, go for it.

August 27th, 2011 19:00

Same thing happened with my XPS M1530, except the fan issue. Can't believe I wasted over $900 on this piece of junk. Thanks for nothing Dell.

No Events found!