Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2011 16:00

XPS M1530 Not Booting

I have a M1530 Laptop that has begun to only boot up occasionally when I turn it on. When the power button is pushed the blue sequential lights flash and the Hard Drive and CD Rom drive can be heard but the screen does not turn on nor does it reach DOS. I believe that it is not running P.O.S.T.

Sometimes when I turn it on it will boot normally with absolutely no problem. The battery is in good condition and it charges fine. It is usually plugged in at all times.

I've tried removing and reinstalling RAM, wireless cards and the battery. When turning on the power button and holding the function key I get an error code of [Flashing light] [Solid] [Solid] which I could not find a specific error for when troubleshooting.

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit with 4gb Ram.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Posts

June 8th, 2011 19:00

I have

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

June 9th, 2011 07:00

run Dell Diagnostics on the system F12 at bootup

3 Posts

June 16th, 2011 16:00

Try connecting an external display and then boot.

My M1530 display recently got black but I found out that it was working with an external display.

I then thought that there was a problem with my lcd panel but I connected it to a friends xps and it worked fine.

After a short websearch I found out that there is a huge problem with the laptops GPU.

http://www.nvidiadefect.com is just one amongst others.

I'm not sure how to proceed with this because my warranty is out since almost two years back.

2 Posts

June 16th, 2011 21:00

I run an external display regularly. Not just a display issue, seems to be a hardware problem.

No Events found!