Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

S

303 Posts

April 18th, 2008 09:00

XPS M1530 fan???

Why does this fan constantly run?  Right now I have my notebook's lid closed (the screen is off) and the fan is running at full throttle...I can't figure it out.  "FN+Z" doesn't seem to knock the fan out either lol.  What gives?

66 Posts

April 18th, 2008 12:00

Just because you close the lid doesn't mean that everything in the laptop stops generating heat. The fan will run with the laptop on to help get rid of heat. FAN = Good

1 Rookie

• 

119 Posts

April 18th, 2008 12:00

The fan should not run all the time.   It should cycle on and off according to the need to lower the internal temps.  When the lid is closed... the computer is generating less heat there therefore the fan should go off eventually.   Since your fan runs all the time...  there is something wrong.  Call technical support.

317 Posts

April 18th, 2008 21:00

Whats your Power Plan......ever got it serviced.......room temp, applications using???

317 Posts

Dont barg but its like a beemer 640C e out an engine.........yr 1530 might look great but performance is subpar.

My computer is brand new, I just got it last week.  Power plan is set to "balanced".

April 18th, 2008 22:00

I thought XPS was top of the line?  How is it "subpar"?

317 Posts

April 19th, 2008 05:00

Who said that.........XPS is top of the line........may be money wise but definately not performance wise.

317 Posts

April 19th, 2008 07:00

Use brains after googling.

April 19th, 2008 07:00

I think Dell would disagree with you on that.  That is why they made/make XPS-it's their top of the line series.  A simple Google search will tell you that much...

April 19th, 2008 08:00

This is getting more funny by the moment...

Actually the Google reference was directed at you, not me.  Anyone knows that the XPS line has always been Dell's flagship lineup ever since they came out (that is why they made/make them).

And you seem to own two of them yourself, so either your stupid and you buy dumb products or you are a troll.

Take your pic...

317 Posts

April 19th, 2008 09:00

I agree e ya 200%.......i was & am dumb, stupid, retard & imbecile to buy 2 XPS note books.

1 Rookie

• 

119 Posts

April 19th, 2008 12:00

I have no reason to be dissastisfied with the perfromance of XPS Laptops.  I run high end graphics programs including Adobe CS3 and Camera Raw, the full suite of MS Office, WI-FI home network, Bluetooth mouse, USB tablet all under Vista SP1.  Usually with multiple applications running at the same time.

A lot of respected reviewers would echo the performance of the XPS laptop compared to others.

Getting back to the fan issue.  You could download the GUI diagnostics software from Dell.  When booting up in that application, go to the custom menu and select the temp and fans category.  It will run the fan at different speeds and confirm whether the fan rpm is appropriate and that it is indeed changing.

No Events found!